Things have been very different the past few years, with various lockdowns/ restrictions and things we have to do to help protect ourselves and others.
It’s completely normal to feel sad, confused and worried about the impact on our own and families mental health. But there are lots of things we can try that could help our mental health and well-being .
Things to try that could help our mental health and wellbeing
- Keep in touch with others through phone calls, online or video calls. Don't wait for them to contact you, contact them first and make their day
- Plan online activities or gaming nights with friends
- Stay calm - practice Mindfulness or learn some self care techniques
- Try out the Headspace app
- Keep things as normal as you can, try to keep to a routine. Go to bed and get up at the same time, have a wash, change your clothes, do some ‘work’, be active and get some fresh air
- Clear out your social media - unfollow or delete apps, groups and people that make you feel sad or angry
- Take a break from the news
- Try to eat healthy and not eat too many snacks. Drink plenty of water
- Be kind and try to be patient with others as there will be difficulties in the home but if you are worried about domestic abuse find support here
- This is a great opportunity to get into a good sleep pattern which will definitely help your mental health, mood and how you look!
- Download the How to Stay Calm in a Global Pandemic Guide here!