Did you know that when you eat, it’s not just your body that you’re feeding – it’s your mind too! Healthy eating can help you feel good and improve your mood!
- Try not to skip breakfast.
- Try to eat 3 balanced meals a day.
- Make sure to eat your 5 a day.
- Cut down on saturated fat and sugar.
- Watch your salt intake.
Try to eat 3 balanced meals!
What do we mean by this? A “balanced” meal is a plate that includes the core food groups; a quarter protein, a quarter carbohydrate, and almost half vegetables. This makes sure that your diet includes a wide range of nutrients in the right portions.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Try to eat within an hour of waking up. WHY?
Because you are breaking the fast. While you are asleep on a night, your body has been using energy from the food that you have eaten during the day to nourish and repair your organs. Think of your body like your mobile phone, it needs battery charge to work, just like your body!
Tips for breakfast:
- Breakfast is a really good way to start off your day, by having one or two pieces of fruit, you are ticking off from your 5 a day. Easy!
- Try and keep your breakfast a balanced meal too!
- Check out these links to breakfast recipes