Stay at Home- national lockdown now in place
Posted to the Noticeboard on January 5, 2021
From 00:01 Tuesday 5 January, the entire Wakefield District will be under national lockdown restrictions.
This lockdown means that schools are closed and people must stay at home, with a limited set of exemptions:
- shop for basic necessities, for you or a vulnerable person
- go to work, or provide voluntary or charitable services, if you cannot reasonably do so from home
- exercise with your household (or support bubble) or one other person, this should be limited to once per day, and you should not travel outside your local area.
- meet your support bubble or childcare bubble where necessary, but only if you are legally permitted to form one
- seek medical assistance or avoid injury, illness or risk of harm (including domestic abuse)
- attend education or childcare – for those eligibleClinically extremely vulnerable people are also being told to shield again. Click here for Wakefield Council’s Coronavirus information.
Click here to visit our local Covid information page, for more information, advice and useful links and contacts.