Anti-Bullying Week: 15-19th November 2021
Posted to the Noticeboard on November 15, 2021
ODD SOCKS DAY!
- Wear odd socks to your school, work place (even at home!) on Monday 15th November.
- Share your photos, videos, messages and artworks with us using the hashtags: #OddSocksDay, #AntiBullyingWeek and tag ABA on Twitter (@ABAonline and @AndyOddSocks) or Instagram (@antibullyingalliance and @andyandtheoddsocks).’
LET’S INSPIRE OTHERS WITH OUR #ONEKINDWORD STORIES!
Now more than ever, we want to spread kindness online by creating a positive ripple across social media with our kind words and actions. On Tuesday 16th November of Anti-Bullying Week, we’d love to spread a little more positivity online by sharing your real-life kindness stories. Tell us examples of kind acts or words you’ve experienced, or ask your audiences to share their kindness moments with you.
Let’s flood social media with examples of how using just #OneKindWord can change someone’s day for the better.
Example conversation starters:
• What’s the kindest thing someone has said to you? ___________
• What’s the kindest thing someone has done for you? ___________
• What’s the kindest thing you’ve said or done for someone else? ___________
• What am I going to do today to spread a little kindness? ___________
We’d like you to create something to show the power of #OneKindWord. This could be a poster, a poem, a piece of art etc. Send your ideas to support@wf-i–can.co.uk
A CHANCE TO SAY THANK-YOU!
On Thursday 19th November we’d love to say THANK YOU to the people in our lives who’ve shown us kindness. It could be thanks to a friend who’s always been there for you, thanks to a special teacher in your life, thanks to an organisation that’s helped you, thanks to a bus driver for getting you safely to school or work – or something else entirely! Who are you thankful to?
Save the Instagram Story post below and have a go at filling it in for yourself!
Today it’s also a good opportunity to share what you’ll be doing in the year ahead to raise the issue of bullying. Remember – anti-bullying work is year-round, not just for Anti-Bullying Week!